About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, March 1, 2018

THURSDAY #3353

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT

NEWSY BITS

If you haven't seen this, I found it very rewarding.

===
I know I'm biased because I was a public school teacher for 20 years, but you entrust your children with these people for 8 hours a day...more time than you spend with them. Don't you think they deserve a living wage? I had to have two jobs and almost all my fellow teachers either had two jobs or a working spouse who brought in more money than they did.

===

===
Then there's this prick...
===

===
Street Artist Erects Three Billboards Over Hollywood.

===
[ If you are not going to read this all, at least read the last paragraph. ]

Chinese censors battled to silence criticism of Xi Jinping’s bid to set himself up as ruler for life. According to a list compiled by the China Digital Times website, search terms blocked on Weibo, China’s Twitter, included:
- ‘Ten thousand years’ (万岁), which is China’s way of saying: ‘Long live!’ or ‘Viva!’
- ‘Disagree’ (不同意)
- ‘Xi Zedong’ (习泽东) - a hybrid of the names of Xi and Chairman Mao Zedong
- ‘Shameless’ (不要脸)
- ‘Lifelong’ (终身)
-‘Personality cult’ (个人崇拜)
-‘Emigrate (移民)
- ‘Immortality’ (长生不老)
The name Yuan Shikai, a Qing dynasty warlord who unsuccessfully tried to restore monarch to China, was also banned as were the titles of two George Orwell books, 1984 and Animal Farm. 
Less clear is why censors took issue with the letter ‘N’. Mair speculated it was “probably out of fear on the part of the government that ‘N’ = ‘n terms in office’, where possibly n > 2”.

===
THINGS THAT ARE KIND OF TRUE







SHIT YOU DON'T SEE EVERY DAMN DAY

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

===
If you're lucky enough to survive a lightning strike, before you share the scars always remember to put on a bra that doesn't look like your grandmother's. 

===
This is a pair of Icelandic “Necropants.” Made from human skin, sorcerers and witches would wear these trousers all day and night under their clothes as a sort of underwear in order to bring them wealth. 
Politely being asked by your sorcerer friend to be used in a pair of Necropants after your death was a great honor in 17th century Iceland. This is the only surviving pair of authentic Necropants, and is on display at the Museum of Icelandic Sorcery & Witchcraft in Holmavik, Iceland.
RH: The toenails confuse me.

===
Pre-industrial hammering
I'm thinking hydro powered.

===
There's preening and then there's this guy...
This reminds me of guys who meticulously trims their beards.

===
Stone Waves
Lago Ranco, Chile

Probably pumice


===
It's a good time to be alive.

===
Good god man!
He will never get the shit smell out of that car.

===
Nope, not me.

===
Anybody? Please, help me understand that.

===
Citizen saves a young man from himself.

===
I haven't a clue.

===
Oh, she's a keeper.

===
That has got to hurt.


<>
Valentine's Day aka spend $200 to avoid a fight.

<>


PEOPLE STUPIDER THAN YOU AND ME

When you take hand cleaning to the next level.

===

===
RH: If he says he's a man, he's a man. That's how it works now, right?

===
There are three kinds of people...

===
Serves the bastard right.

===
And I'm supposed to take these people seriously?!


<>
Whoever said Do the job right the first time and you'll never have to do it again, never shoveled snow from a driveway.

<>
One of the very few typos in a cartoon. A for and in second panel.

THINGS I THINK ABOUT

If I didn't have a grandson, this would be my background pic.

===
Remember me telling you that the huge improvement from old battleships to the Dreadnaught was the fire controller was high above the ship? Well, I thought he was in a small crow's nest, but no, it's a huge aerial complex.
But one hit to that and your shit is impotent.

===
I assume she is referring to climate change deniers. I have never gotten an adequate explanation as to the agenda of scientists who document the coming havoc. The deniers always seem to have an agenda.

===
It would take 500 years.

===
Not all heroes wear capes.
That is one of the most wonderful endeavors I have come across in a long time.

===
Saw this in a movie.
Northern Ireland is all gray. That has to be a depressing environment to live.

===
Why you should always sit with your back to the front.
And lest we forget, school buses in America have no seat belts.

===
Another danger to these fuckers are the loose rocks that can not be calculated or overcome with sure footedness.

Speaking of such things...
A most wonderful comment...

===
The most amazing of creatures and my personal hero.

===
World's oldest specimen of Dracaena draco lives in Icod de los Vinos (Tenerife, Spain).
It's estimated to be +1000yo.

===
Cross-Section of a Bigelow BA-330 inflatable habitat

Speaking of such things...


<>
I prefer my kale with a silent K.

<>
That's fucking hilarious.


KINDA FUNNY STUFF

Is it still fat-shaming if it's true?

===
Give it a second.

===
What wonderful advice that is for life in general.

===

===
Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

===
Early days of cameras they did this sort of thing all the time.
There was even a name for the technique, but I can't remember it.

===
*MNBT


<>
"Hello," she said in a voice so husky it could pull a dogsled.

<>

<>

===

===

===
===
What wrong with you sheeple?

===


===

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive